The level 2 CPR and First Aid Certification which is part of our first aid courses mandatory for all workplace employees, particularly those working in Hotels and Beach clubs, leisure and fitness centres, security companies, Facility Management companies, gyms and schools that have an AED (defibrillator) at their facility.
It is also Suitable for teachers, fitness instructors, personal trainers, lifeguards, school nurses, hotel workers, restaurant workers, security guards and all those employees working in the service sector.
Both traditional face to face classroom teaching and blended e-learning options are available, including online assessment.
1. The roles and responsibilities of the first aider
2. Identifying how to minimise the risk of infection
3. Understanding the requirements of a workplace first aid kit
4. Assessing an incident and conducting a scene survey
5. Identifying if a casualty is breathing normally
5. Contacting and effectively communicating with emergency services
6. How and when to put an unresponsive casualty in the recovery position
7. Dealing with a casualty who is having a seizure
8. Understanding the importance of early CPR and defibrillation
9. How to perform CPR on an Adult.
10. Understanding the safe use of an Automated External Defibrator (AED)
11. Learn the correct techniques to help someone who is choking
12. Identify the signs of a partially and completely blocked airway
13. Treat major and minor bleeds
14. Identify the signs and symptoms and treatment for hypovolemic shock
15. Understand the causes of hypovolemic shock
16. How to treat minor burns and scalds
No prior knowledge of first aid is required to enrol. Candidates must be at least 12 years old. Both theory and practical elements of the course must be passed to successfully gain this qualification.
Yes, upon successful completion of the course you will receive a certificate which is valid for three years. The certificate is approved by Highfield International Awarding Body For Compliance (HABC) and the Dubai Corporation of Ambulance (DCAS)